Heidi's Reviews > Hot Rod Hamster

Hot Rod Hamster by Cynthia Lord

Apr 18, 12

bookshelves: children-0-12, fiction, picture-books, preschool-storytime-prep, preschool-storytime-read
Read on June 17, 2010

I didn't think this would be a good storytime choice in the first couple of pages. But suddenly a sing-song rhyme came into my head as well as some voices for the characters and I felt like it might be a great hit! We'll see! Storytime aside, I think this is a fun, cute book that engages the reader in the Hamster's adventure.

Summer 2010 - I'm pretty sure I read this in the summer. Maybe it was fall. Either way I remember it going really well and I was sure I'd updated that I had read it. I had the kids call out what they'd choose and then we had our race at the end. Highly successful.

4/18/12 I decided to go for this again with how well it went before. It was my intro book--to help with all those late-comers! However, we had quite a few to start out with. A new library and rainy weather didn't keep the crowd from coming--over 50! Woohoo! And it was a fun book to use in my Adventures! theme. The boys sure loved it and the kids really loved telling me which ones they would choose. I'm noticing the kids are good about answering questions, but joining me on sound effects and motions they aren't so good at. Some of us just have to look ridiculous on our own I suppose.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot Rod Hamster.