Kirsty (overflowing library)'s Reviews > Raised by Wolves

Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Oct 27, 10

bookshelves: review-books, signed
Read from October 25 to 27, 2010

I did enjoy this book in the end and I am looking forward to the sequel but boy did I struggle with it initially.

Raised by wolves is very different to all the other werewolf story I have read. The ideas are original which was nice for a change and the characters were well written. I enjoyed the fact that the lead was a feisty female but I really didn't warm to her all that much. I liked a lot of the secondary characters like Ali, Lake and Devon but there was just something about Bryn I didn't get.

The story starts off quite slow and I found it quite confusing to begin with. The dialogue flips between what is happening and being said out loud here and now to conversations being said between the wolves minds and to action happening in a dream like state. This for me was the thing I really didn't get about the book the most and I often found it hard to keep up with what was actually going on. It did improve as the book went on but initially I was thrown.

All of the action happens in the last third of the book and I for one enjoyed the story once it got going, I just wish it had got there sooner. The final ending was good and it has set up what could potentially be an awesome series.

Not the best book I have read this year, but certainly engaging with a unique premise and witty characters with lots of potential to be a good series overall.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raised by Wolves.