Audio Listener's Reviews > Eight Days To Live

F_50x66
Jun 30, 10

bookshelves: abandoned
Read on June 30, 2010

I think I am also going to give up on Iris Johansen. I really enjoyed Stalemate, Quicksand and Bloodgame. I thought this book would leave off with Joe and Eve dealing with her dead daughter Bonnie. Instead this book seem to be a follow up to Countdown, whichh in my opinion is probbaly Iris Johansen's worst book. Consequently, this one is awful also AND I've only gotten through with a couple of chapters.

Iris, if you want to have a series about Jane McGuire, then call it the Jane McGuire series. Stop sucking your loyal fans into books that are supposed to be about Eve Duncan. She and Joe are more interesting than some young whinny abrasive brat who has now grown up to be a whinny abrasive woman.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eight Days To Live.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Angela Mccartney I am trying to finish but i really do not like Jane she seems so teenagerish lol it's all about her and to heck with everyone else

Emily I agree completely. And how can this be classified as an Eve Duncan forensics thriller, if she's only in it in the background? I too was really looking forward to some Bonnie plot. I'm about 1/2 way through and it's been taking me forever, because I just can't get into Jane. GAA this feels like a reading asignment, not for fun!

Courtney Jenkins-deyoung It all seems like more of the same. I'm all for strong women but Johansen seems to take it to another level. At some point it stops being a powerful female role and becomes... I'm not sure I can use the B word on here. Jane is a selfish and petty character. No need for anymore of her in the future.