Katie's Reviews > Fall for Anything

Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers

Jun 17, 2010

bookshelves: arcs, books-i-own
Read in December, 2010

I am crowning Courtney Summers the Queen of Contemporary YA fiction. Very rarely do books play with my heartstrings and make me actually feel for the characters, but she hits the ball of the park. My first experience with her phenomenal writing was with Some Girls Are, where she did the impossible and made me sympathetic for a school bully. In Fall For Anything, she made my heart ache for Eddie, a girl barely coping from the unexpected suicide of her nearly famous father.

Plot wise, there’s not much to this book; Eddie runs away with Culler, a former photography student of her father’s, to seek out the markings that have been popping up in places that he’s photographed. She spends the entire novel searching for answers. She’s desperate to know why he killed himself, but with the dramatic and intense emotions that come to life off the pages, it’s easy for the reader to become desperate for answers as well. From the first sentence, I was hooked and affected, but by the time I finished, I was downright mentally exhausted.

Overall, Courtney Summers exceeds and soars over expectations with Fall For Anything. Eddie’s painful thoughts and narration reach out and grab you, strapping you into the backseat of her brain as you delve into this heartbreaking tale of loss and the aftermath surrounding it. I absolutely recommend it to everyone; it’s a must-read-this-second kind of book!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fall for Anything.