Kaylea's Reviews > Touching the Clouds

Touching the Clouds by Bonnie Leon

Jul 17, 10

bookshelves: see-blog-for-more-info
Read from June 17 to July 17, 2010

When I pick up an historical novel, I typically look for two things - a subject that will interest me historically, and well, a well-written novel without an unrealistic plot.

I found this and more in Touching the Clouds. In this novel, Leon has crafted a world of Alaskan bush pilots that has given me a new picture of the Alaskan frontier.

While I know this world doesn't match current-day Alaska, it's made me want to travel to the state to see some of the sites - mountains & snow - that exist there. I enjoyed seeing the state through the eyes of Kate.

Many of the scenes made me want to research/learn more about life in Alaska - which to me is an other successful hallmark of a historical novel.

On a scale of one to five, with five being the highest, I give this novel a four. The characterization was awesome, the storyline tight, and well, some of the plot twists kept me turning the pages for more. It's definitely made me look forward to the release of book two.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touching the Clouds.