Kristen Nace's Reviews > Just Here Trying to Save a Few Lives: Tales of Life and Death from the ER

Just Here Trying to Save a Few Lives by Pamela Grim

Jun 17, 2010

I loved this book. As a lab tech in a county hospital, I have more interaction with ER docs than any other kind and while I have grown to like and repsect some of them, I find myself whispering a little prayer to myself when I have to call certain ones or cringe when I pick up the phone to be yelled at by an irate ER doc. I often find myself wondering "What is this idiot THINKING?"- especially with the new younger ones. My fellow techs and I have pacts where we say "If I come in as a trauma and doctor so and so is on- DONT let him/her touch me- ship me out!! LOL So, this book was really fascinating to me...just to get a look inside the thought process in dealing with a trauma etc. The utter chaos and sadness didn't come as a shock to me. I have no illusions about emergency med in this country. Her chapters where she worked in Africa and Bosnia are equally heartrending. She is a good writer and I love her sense of humor. Dr Grim, wherever you are, you can be my ER doc anyday! I highly recommend!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Here Trying to Save a Few Lives.