Zee Monodee's Reviews > Howling for My Baby

Howling for My Baby by Beverly Rae

What if you had to masquerade as your own killer?

Sydney Skeller is in a predicament. Her father wants her to join the family business. Fine by her, but she doesn't want to be a shifter hunter. The reason? She years for a a man who's more beast than man, and a shifter fits that bill. A specific shifter, actually...

Jason Cannon may look like a man but he inside he is so much more. Wolf shifter, he is tired now of the life of a skirt-chaser and wants to settle down, find his mate. Sydney will fit the bill perfectly, except for one tiny problem - her family hunts his kind!

Another twist strings in to complicate matters - Sydney wants Jason to meet her hunter father. And Jason will have to pose as a hunter too. Will this be one complication too many in their already chaotic relationship? What will happen when Sydney's father finds out that the man his daughter has chosen is the very one she should be trying to kill?

I enjoyed this book a lot. Ms. Rae writes with a compelling and often-funny voice, drawing the reader easily into the lives of Sydney and Jason. Their rocky relationship, complete with totally hunter-dysfunctional family on Sydney's side spices things up, and the posse of hunters that skulk around Sydney's father is lots of fun to watch. Ms. Rae does a remarkable job of combining her quirky cast with a too-hot-to-handle love story between Sydney and Jason.

Overall, an enjoyable read. Time flies when you sit down with HOWLING FOR MY BABY.

(Review courtesy of Romance Junkies)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Howling for My Baby.