Kelly's Reviews > Fall for Anything

Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers

Dec 20, 10

bookshelves: ya-fiction, top-picks, read-in-2010, rereads, favorites

Full review here: http://stackedbooks.blogspot.com/2010...

I've been impressed with Courtney's first two books. But impressed isn't even a fair word to use for this one. It was beyond my expectations. This is a story of grief. Overwhelming, powerful, enveloping grief. And it is a story about heartlessness and art.

While reading it, the only word I kept thinking about overandoverandover was intimate. This is an intimate look at loss and life and utter despair. I wanted so hard to tell Eddie to be Eddie, to be herself, to not be something she's not but I couldn't and I didn't have the guts to anyway. She was so vulnerable.

Longer review to come when I can digest it and put my heart back in its place. This is not an easy read. It begs, BEGS to be read slowly and with a box of tissues and perhaps some armor and a pen to underline some of the passages that you will commit to memory.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fall for Anything.

10/30/2010 page 100
45.0% "My heart is aching. This is not a quick read. I keep reading things over and over and over because they are so perfect."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jen Petro-Roy This definitely looks like a must buy. Not a library book, a buy to have on your shelves book.

Kelly It is. I plan on purchasing it. I've already bought it for work, too.

Kelly I want to go back and reread some stuff. I do not want to read anything else right now.

message 4: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Since it doesn't seem as tho you give a lot of fives, I'm definitely going to check this out at the library. Maybe one day I'll even buy it.

Kelly I save my 5 stars for ones that are really worthy (4.5 stars and 4 stars and 3 stars are still great reads in my book). This earned it.