Chris Wolak's Reviews > The Decision Tree: Taking Control of Your Health in the New Era of Personalized Medicine

The Decision Tree by Thomas Goetz

292019
Jun 16, 2010

it was ok
Read in June, 2010

I expected this book to be something that it wasn't and wish goodreads had a star to reflect that. When I entered to win it from goodreads I thought it would be more about what you can do to be a healthier you--from being proactive by eating healthy, exercising, and using both alternative/complementary medicine, western medicine, and monitoring your own behavior with smart phone aps (or similar technology). But the book is more about envisioning a shift in how people and the medical system need to change from a doctor centered to a patient centered health care system, one where patients are much more pro-active in the care they receive. That sounds great to me, but I am not a fan of the medical system as it is, the AMA, or the FDA and think way too much of the "care" people receive from western medicine is tied into profit for big business. I'm not interested in genetic tests or synthetic drugs. I lean towards the China Study, mind/body awareness, living a healthier lifestyle and alternative medicine, so this book just isn't a good fit for me. I'm passing it on to someone who is more interested in working within the medical system to help transform it from the inside.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Decision Tree.