Krystle's Reviews > Boneshaker

Boneshaker by Cherie Priest

Dec 03, 10

Read from October 04 to 10, 2010

Wow, this book was cool.

Zombies, steampunk, alternate history all rolled up into one? You can't get any better than that! I loved how instead of taking place Londom or Europe which all steampunk/alternate history novels do, this took place in Seattle! How awesome is that? And the history of how the zombies came about, which is not from some virus or medical experiment gone wrong, but from gas. Heh.

Instead of this being a romance, it focuses more on the relationship between a mother and her son, and how carefully kept secrets drive someone to search for something that is more dangerous than is worth. The tension is always there, and since this is a very fast paced book laden with action at key points, you'll never get bored.

The plot for the most part is pretty linear and straightforward and the twists at the end are easily guessed from the beginning, but that doesn't make this a terrible book. It's a whole lot of fun, and while, granted, it's not the most ingenious or best thing out there it does make for some good entertainment. Her writing style is swift, clear, and easy to race over so this book feels shorter than it actually is.

I love the light brown font in here. It certainly evokes the mood and, of course, the awesome-tastic cover. Yum, yum, just like them zombies. I wouldn't mind reading the sequel if I happen to come across it.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boneshaker.

10/04/2010 page 20