Marcia's Reviews > Goddess of the Hunt

Goddess of the Hunt by Tessa Dare

Jun 16, 10

bookshelves: romance

This historical romance is mostly good, but not great. Dare shows a lot of promise. The characters are well-drawn, in spite of being somewhat cliched. The heroine, Lucy, is a young tomboy, and the hero, Jeremy, an older friend of her brother's who suddenly sees her as the woman she has become. The first half of the book, in spite of the familiar premise, is pretty good. The relationship develops realistically, and the two main characters are both likable, and the sexuality is pretty steamy. The second half of the book devolves, however, as the conflict that separates the now married couple appears. Their problems are nothing that wouldn't be cured by the smallest attempt at communication, and for the last two hundred pages or so, I was practically yelling aloud at them to just talk to each other already, for Pete's sake! I liked it enough that I will probably read more by Ms. Dare, in the hopes that her storytelling abilities will rise to the level of her style.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goddess of the Hunt.