Bry's Reviews > Wildcat Fireflies

Wildcat Fireflies by Amber Kizer

Dec 18, 11

bookshelves: 2011, urban-fantasy, young-adult, series
Read from November 16 to December 15, 2011

Overall I was pretty happy with this sophomore book in the Fenestra series. Kizer really fleshed out Merry and Tens and I loved getting to see them improve and react to their budding relationship and responsibilities.

The plot in this one revolved around Merry and Tens trying to find another Fenestra girl that they think might be in trouble. Only they don't know who there are looking for, where she is, or why she is in trouble. Yeah.... Overall though the plot was good, a bit predictable, but still entertaining.

My huge issue with this book though was the switching of POV's every couple of chapters and sometimes even every chapter. It kept changing back and forth between Meridian and Juliet. You don't even know who Juliet is at the beginning, but it quickly revealed. At first it was just annoying because Juliet is a new character and you as the reader have no basis for her. It's really hard to care about a character when you know nothing about her and she has to complete with an awesome character like Merry. It got worse though towards the middle to end of the book when Merry and Juliet would be in a scene together and I would forget whose POV I was reading the scene in and get all kinds of confused. Sadly though I don't know how else the author could have written this book without resorting to this confusing method.

In the end though I enjoyed this book and will definitely continue with the series and read more from this author. I can't wait to see what else Merry and Tens get up to in their fight against the Nocti and their relationship with one another.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wildcat Fireflies.

11/16/2011 page 1
0.0% "Title doesn't exactly role off the tongue now does it?"
11/16/2011 page 1
0.0% "I completely ADORED the first book so here's hoping the second isn't a huge flop!"
12/08/2011 page 54
10.0% "Not sure I like the switching POV between Meridian and Juliet. Also holy cow I just realized this book is 500 pages long!! Damn!"
12/09/2011 page 65
12.0% "Don't really care for the chapters in Juliet's POV. Its like reading 2 books meshed together into one."
12/11/2011 page 143
27.0% "I'm reading this one pretty slowly. Juliet's POV just sucks me right out of the story. And its so horribly depressing. I'm loving Tens and Meridian though."
12/13/2011 page 382
72.0% "I'm liking it a bit more though still not really connecting with Juliet. love how much Merry and Tens are growing in this book."
12/15/2011 page 528
100.0% "I realize switching POV's is the only way this story could have worked but it was confusing. I kept forgetting whose POV I was looking through when both characters were in the scene which is most of the climax. Oh well. Review to come!"