Jessica's Reviews > Skin Tight

Skin Tight by Ava Gray

Jun 16, 2010

bookshelves: paranormal-romance

"No wonder my curse cannot keep you. I should take you home with me, for who can match a man without a heart better than a woman without dreams."

If you like tortured heroes, you'll love Søren Frost, aka Addison Foster, aka Thomas Strong. Masquerading as the director of human resources at Micor Technologies, he is shocked to encounter Mia Sauter, a woman he's been unable to forget (see Skin Game for their initial meeting).

Even more shocking, she recognizes him. For Søren has the ability to make people think that he is someone he is not. He can mimic almost anyone, and when he kisses a woman, she becomes convinced that he is whoever her heart most secretly desires. Mia is the first woman he's ever met who sees him. Unfortunately for his current scam, Mia blames him for betraying her a year ago and for the nightmares she continues to suffer. But even more dangerous than Mia's presence are the secret human experiments going on at Micor, and soon both of them are under suspicion by the mad scientist running the lab.

Dark, angsty, almost gothic at times. It took me a bit to get used to the writing style--short, almost choppy sentences--but once I got into the flow, the story moved at a rapid pace. The romance between Mia and Søren was a nice mix of mistrust, heat, and a slow entwining of hearts and hopes. Engaging primary and secondary characters, solid world building, and the suspense had me on edge through much of the book. I fully intend to buy the next book in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skin Tight.