Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker Queen of the Undead's Reviews > Deadline

Deadline by Mira Grant

Jun 16, 2010

Read from May 31 to June 02, 2011

Lessons learned from Deadline-

1) The voices in your head might be smarter than you, so listen to them!

2) That the government doesn't like to admit they are wrong (we'll I learned this lesson working for the exact agency mentioned in this book but nevermind that fact).

3) Don't doubt the decisions you've already made or you'll drive yourself batshit crazy!

4) If you love someone, tell them right away since you might not get a chance tomorrow.

5) Treat today like it is your last day on the earth because eventually you will be right.

6) And the final lesson learned... Mira Grant is trying to torture us by waiting for book 3!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadline.

05/31/2011
0.0% "It's FINALLY here!"
06/01/2011
35.0% "OMG! I hate the author and love the author at the same time! Must leave work to read the rest of this!"
06/01/2011
51.0% "I hate you Mira Grant. I need a break or my heart is going to rip apart. Ok, so I don't hate you but I hate your twists and the good writing, and all that." 2 comments
06/02/2011
51.0% "No reading last night. It was family game night. Parents vs. teens, we get to kill our kids, they get to kill us. Gotta love an Unreal tournament. LOL" 4 comments
06/02/2011
81.0% "oops... 1 hour lunch turned into a two hour lunch. oh well..."
04/17/2016 marked as: read

Katie(babs) This books gave me nightmares. Stupid zombies Stupid cure for the common cold.

Ohh clones rock. ;)

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Katie(babs) wrote: "This books gave me nightmares. Stupid zombies Stupid cure for the common cold.

Ohh clones rock. ;)"

I'd be so dead or so zombie if this really happened!

Katie(babs) Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "Katie(babs) wrote: "This books gave me nightmares. Stupid zombies Stupid cure for the common cold.

Ohh clones rock. ;)"

I'd be so dead or so zombie if this really happened!"

Give me a flamethrower we'd be okay.

Wendy Darling It's fantastic, isn't it? I liked it even better than FEED...and that's saying a lot.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Katie(babs) wrote: "Give me a flamethrower we'd be okay...."

You can handle the flamethrower, I'd probably BBQ the wrong people!

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Wendy Darling wrote: "It's fantastic, isn't it? I liked it even better than FEED...and that's saying a lot."

Oh yes! This book lacked the 100 or so pages of endless worldbuilding. It started good, and ended good. I felt dizzy by the end since I was holding my breath for the entire book!

Bonnie Deadline was even better than Feed. The ebook I got had a sample from the next book... I'm kind of worried about reading it though because it'll make me want the book that much more. Did anyone read it?

message 8: by Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker (last edited Jun 08, 2011 02:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "Deadline was even better than Feed. The ebook I got had a sample from the next book... I'm kind of worried about reading it though because it'll make me want the book that much more. Did anyone rea..."

I never read teasers for the next book. I don't know why but I just never want to. LOL

Wendy Darling I read the Blackout teaser, and it reassured me that I wasn't crazy. The big thing at the end of Deadline made me nervous, but the preview chapter helped a little with that.

Katie(babs) Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "Deadline was even better than Feed. The ebook I got had a sample from the next book... I'm kind of worried about reading it though because it'll make me want the book that much more...."

I'm thinking of revenge of the clones here. :P

Bonnie Alright... hmm. I suppose I'll have to think on it. :) Thanks.

message 12: by Deb (new)

Deb Just finished it and I totally agree with number 6...

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Deb, the Word Muse wrote: "Just finished it and I totally agree with number 6..."

Isn't she horrible!

message 14: by Deb (new)

Deb She's wonderfully evil... and this is a good thing. ;)

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Deb, the Word Muse wrote: "She's wonderfully evil... and this is a good thing. ;)"

That's a great way to describe her. She also has an ability to ruin almost all other books after you read Deadline. Nothing is living up to the greatness of Deadline!

Wendy Darling She's wonderfully evil... and this is a good thing. ;)

Totally agree with both those statements. *sigh* The Reapers Are the Angels is really good though Michelle (just in a different way), I hope you ditch the audio and find the book soon!

Bonnie That is so funny that we all think the same. I'm constantly comparing books I'm reading to Deadline now! Really makes books fall flat when you have that comparison stuck in your head.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "That is so funny that we all think the same. I'm constantly comparing books I'm reading to Deadline now! Really makes books fall flat when you have that comparison stuck in your head."

It's hard to live up to Deadline. :)

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Wendy Darling wrote: "She's wonderfully evil... and this is a good thing. ;)

Totally ..."

Ok, so I decided to do a switch, I "returned" Trial by Fire and purchased The Reapers Are the Angels for my Kindle. I thought I was a bit nuts wanting Trial by Fire anyways so you gave me the perfect excuse. So, I'll be reading The Reapers Are the Angels instead. :)