Valerie's Reviews > Maid to Match

Maid to Match by Deeanne Gist

Jun 16, 10

bookshelves: 2010, for-book-reviews
Read in June, 2010

I have officially decided I like this author. Maid to Match is my second book of her's (Beguiled was the first) and it was even better than Beguiled.

Maid to Match is set in North Carolina in the late 1890's in the Vanderbilt manor, Biltmore. Tillie is the head parlormaid and is called upon to train the new footman Mack. Mack is anything but polished and Tilly has her hands full making him acceptably refined.

And of course, romance develops.

What I like most about Deanne Gist's writing is that her fiction is historically accurate. At the end of both books I've read, she explains some of the history and where she took literary license. I learned a lot just in those few pages.

Another thing I liked about this book is, although it's Christian fiction, it not over-the-top pure. Her romance scenes are not so pure to the point of unreal. Though pure, she adequately captures the passion and desire. "Every nerve in her body quivered."

Thanks to Graf-Martin for another great book to review. Maid to Match is available from your favorite bookseller of Bethany House books, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maid to Match.