Cynthia's Reviews > A Feast for Crows

A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin

Dec 19, 07

bookshelves: 06-and-earlier

As with the rest of the Song of Ice and Fire series, I can pick this one up, reread often and most of the time find something new to like or some detail that I didn't notice before fall into place. The series in general is very well-written and the world, the characters, everything has been so developed that it's just fascinating to watch it unfold.

This wasn't my favorite of the books so far and part of the reason I fel this way was that I wanted desperately to find out what was going on from the perspective of some of the viewpoint characters that we won't see until the next book. That being said, I particularly enjoyed the Cersei chapters and finally getting to see things from her point of view. One of the serie's main strengths, in my opinion, is that many of the comparatively "villainous" characters have their own understandable motivations and are eventually fleshed out.

I am rather disappointed with how long it'll likely be before the next installment is published, but when it does I'll definitely be reading it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Feast for Crows.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dan Well put. I felt the same way. just finished it, and i can't wait for dance of dragons. I really loved the fourth book for its pov from cersei's and brienne's viewpoint, but I miss Tyrion! It's going to be a long wait for Dance with Dragons!