Jamila's Reviews > Promise Not to Tell

Promise Not to Tell by Jennifer McMahon

Aug 10, 10

Read from August 08 to 09, 2010

I bought this book on a whim and truthfully wasn’t expecting much but the description sounded intriguing. I read it in two days because I just couldn’t put it down and was hooked after the first page.

First time author Jennifer McMahon’s novel “Promise Not to Tell” is definitely impressive. Kate Cypher returns to her childhood home to help take care of her mother. When a young girl is murdered in the woods Kate begins revisiting memories of her past when a girl, Del Griswold, is found murdered in a similar fashion. The story weaves back and forth between the past and present but it never seems disjointed.

There are various story lined explored within this book, such as bullying, child abuse, betrayal, Alzheimer's disease, murder mystery, and even a supernatural element. You may guess the murderer halfway through but then find that you’re second guessing yourself. This book is certainly suspenseful with an ending where all the loose ends are tied up.

I will be reading more by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Promise Not to Tell.