MontiLee Stormer's Reviews > Death du Jour

Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs

Jun 15, 2010

bookshelves: audio
Read from June 15 to 24, 2010

My first Tempe Brennan book and while it was a departure from the series (Bones) as I knew it, it was still very enjoyable. Sure there's a lot of medical jargon and it can be very explanatory in spots, but it was an evenly paced story with rich characters and the kind of action you would expect an inquisitive, educated woman like Tempe to become embroiled in. I'll probably go back and read the first book "Deja Dead" as it was referenced in this story.

I would consider this a parallel universe version of the television series as the characters are so wildly different. Tempe of the books is divorced with college age daughter, is a recovering alcoholic, and lives part time in Quebec and part-time in the Carolinas teaching and doing field work in both places. Bones of the series is single, lives in DC, enjoys a successful writing career with her main character "Kathy Reichs", and likes a good stiff drink every now and again.

It's very easy to believe that if the two Tempes existed in the same universe, could be sisters, if not competitive colleagues.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death du Jour.