Larissa's Reviews > Kiss Me, Kill Me

Aug 31, 10

bookshelves: arc, netgalley, to-review
Read from August 15 to 31, 2010

4.5/5 Stars!

Following Killing Me Softly and the awesome Kill Me Again, The third and last book in Maggie Shayne’s Secret of Shadow Falls Trilogy closes this awesome trilogy with a bang. Until I read Kiss Me, Kill Me, Kill Me Again was my favorite, but this third and final book blew me away and I absolutely loved it.

As a Paranormal junkie, is not often that I let my self wonder off from the genre and I am so happy that i have let myself branch out lately, because I have found some amazing books out there that I wouldn’t have found if I hadn’t given a chance to them.

At the end of Kill Me Again we get a bit of a cliff hanger that connects with the plot we see unfold in Kiss Me, Kill Me and I am just glad that the wait between books wasn’t long.

Dr. Carrie Overton has a secret, a secret that has been hidden for the past 16 years. One night she found a woman by the side of road giving birth, as a newly graduated doctor on the way to her first official job, she stops and helps the woman. Desperate for reasons unknown, that woman leaves the baby behind with only a note.

Carrie starts to hunt the baby’s mother so she can legally adopt the kid, but she is murdered not long after and Carrie is left with the kid and the secret. Sixteen years later and that secret is on the verge of coming out and Dr. Overton can’t really do anything about it.

Gabriel Cain has come to Shadow Falls looking for the kid who might be his son. He then meets Carrie and her boy, Sam. Chemistry is immediate between Gabriel and Carrie and between him and Sam as well. Now he not only is looking for his son, but he is also hoping that Sam is that boy and that he and Carrie can become his family.

I LOVED this book! I am literally at a lost of how to get the message through about what i loved so much about it. Yes, the was predictable at times and yes, the ending was tightly woven together, but Kiss Me, Kill Me has enough surprises and twists to make up for it and a nice and tight ending was exactly what i needed for this book.

I am in LOVE with Gabriel Cain, not only is he hot and a songwriter, but his life philosophy is one that I have believed myself for years now and I couldn’t help but feel giddy whenever he talked about it. Gabe believes that everything happens for a reason, even the bad things and that if you pay enough attention you can actually see the threads woven though time; and if you still can’t, just give it time and it will make sense in the future.

I wholeheartedly believe in that and I have actually seen the truth to it, many times over in my own life. He also believes in focusing on the positive whenever the negative is inevitable. I am so in love with this man, it’s insane LOL

Now, Dr. Carrie was definitely Gabriel’s match and I was really happy to read about their story and see them together. She is an amazing woman, a modern time warrior with a wonderful heart. They are perfect for each other!

The mystery in Kiss Me, Kill Me was also great and I could not put this book down for a second. I loved that Maggie gave us a few chapters in different points of view other than the hero and heroine, that gave such depth to the story and it just made it that more wonderful.

I could not recommend this book and this trilogy enough. Full of action, mystery and a heart warming romance that will no doubt touch your heart. Kiss Me, Kill Me has a bit for everyone and it does not disappoint! Maggie Shayne has definitely become an author to watch for me and I can’t wait for more!

Previously Published on my blog: Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss Me, Kill Me.

08/15/2010 page 1