Honistie's Reviews > Daughters of Darkness

Daughters of Darkness by L.J. Smith

Jun 15, 10

Read in June, 2010

As an adult reader I gave this a 2 star because some things were not very logical. The story was well written and as a teen I think I would have given it a 4 maybe even a 5. I would not mind letting my children read this book as the love relationships are based on emotions rather than physical appearance. The relationship between the characters are healthy, for example they do not have the male stalking the female or the female saying she is going to die without the male. Yes that is a comparison to the Twilight series, but this series was written long before Twilight was thought of.

The parts I did not find logical is the fact the vampire girls were not going to use any of the powers in the new town they moved too. Why not? I get that they did not want to kill their food (people) but why not talk to each other telepathically. What is the point of not doing that? No one would have known they were doing that. Vampires are stronger than people and one girl had a hard time doing a task a human could do without a problem. Another thing that bothered me about this book is Poppy and James are not in this book. There was a thought of them for a second but I would have liked something to let me know how they were doing. Is Poppy still an illegal vampire? Did her dad except them and her living dead situation? I mean so many unanswered questions.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughters of Darkness.