Edward's Reviews > British Battleships Of World War Two: The Development And Technical History Of The Royal Navy's Battleships And Battlecruisers From 1911 To 1946

British Battleships Of World War Two by Alan Raven
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read British Battleships Of World War Two.

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly I must say... I do have a strong history of anglophilia, but I cannot touch this. This is commitment.

Edward There comes a time when we can choose whether or not to pursue an obsession past the point of dementia; I think it's clear what my decision was.

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly And decomissioned battlecruisers of the Royal Navy and their chopped up pieces in junkyards everywhere thank your for your dementia, I'm sure. Someone has to do it. :)

Edward Sadly, only one battlecruiser survived to be decomissioned; HMS Hood was lost with all but three of her 1,400-man complement in action against the German battleship Bismarck in May 1941, and HMS Repulse was sunk on 10 December 1941, along with the battleship Prince of Wales, by Japanese torpedo planes off of Malaya.

Errant pedantry? Me? Nooo...

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly ... let's call it knight errantry instead. Really, I don't know how I would have gotten by without that information.

Now that damn NBC chime won't stop going through my head: "The more.. you.. know..."

Marcus Allen Alan raven "what are you waiting for? Life is full of fun! Rereference to my previous message"