Tina (Fantastic Book Review)'s Reviews > Trial by Fire

Trial by Fire by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Jun 25, 11

bookshelves: paranormal, young-adult, werewolves
Read in June, 2011

When it rains it pours has to be at the back of Bryn’s mind in this sequel of cat and mouse. TRIAL BY FIRE is full of mind games and deadly secrets. I thought Bryn had it hard in RAISED BY WOLVES, but she amazes me everything she’s faced with danger. This girl is a fighter right down to her very core. She’s on the fast track to becoming one of my favorite heroines.

I fell instantly in love with RAISED BY WOLVES and I wondered if TRIAL BY FIRE would match or surpass its intensity. I had no need to worry because this book continued to delve deeper into pack politics where one move could cost Bryn her life. I believe Barnes has created a realistic depiction of the hierarchy and life of werewolves, even so that I’ve started to care for the well-being of the characters. Her character development was spot on and I look forward to getting to know the characters even more.

If you are a lover of werewolves or even paranormal for that matter, this is one series I would highly recommend. You never know what you’re going to get out of this series and that’s one of the things I love most about this series – I’m always surprised. I can’t wait to see what happens next!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trial by Fire.

06/16/2011 page 47