Samantha's Reviews > Danse Macabre

Danse Macabre by Laurell K. Hamilton

Dec 21, 07

Read in July, 2006

Not going to give a plot summary. Yes there is a plot but no it is not about raising the dead or slaying vampires. I think if you don't go into the book thinking that then you won't be disappointed. This book is about vampire politics and Anita finding out more about her powers. I think this is a book that was supposed to be much longer and that the publisher split into two since Incubus Dreams was so long and people didn't like it. This book is leading up to the party where all the Masters of the City come together. I wouldn't be surprised if Belle or the Mother of All Darkness shows up again. I think this book was done in order to build it all up. I'm hoping the next book will be the novella that Ms. Hamilton keeps talking about with Edward. I would recommend this one for true Blake fans so that you can see what powers she has gained or what the vampire political world is about. Yes there is sex in it and yes it's not very good. Yes there's a plot but it's continued in the next one. It's just not the plot most wanted.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Danse Macabre.