Angel Meyer's Reviews > False Memory

False Memory by Dean Koontz

F_50x66
Apr 10, 09

Read in May, 2007

** SPOILER ALERT ** My review has a bare outline of the plot, but you need to read it to really get it.

I love Dean Koontz, but this one took me a year to read; not because it was bad but because of the content.

The story is about fear. Fear that is implanted into the subconscious mind by an unscrupulous Pshycologist/Doctor who is protected by a government agency due to his research in behavior control.

In exchange for implanting thoughts and unquestioned obedience in chosen persons, the Doctor is allowed to play his "games". The Doctor enjoys implanting a small fear, increasing it until it is a full blown phobia, and once he is done "playing" he will either have the person commit suicide or they will commit a major crime resulting in their death. What is frightening is that the techniques that the Doctor character uses are currently available and/or being researched. (e.e.; the ultimate soldier/the perfect person)

The main characters are a husband and wife who begin to unravel the mystery of their newly manifested fears and unexplained moments of lost time by questioning what is happening to them. It is their love and trust for one another that assists in their quest to break away from the fear and find answers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read False Memory.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Please put a spoiler alert in your review!

♥Xeni♥ Well, I didn't feel that that was spoilery at all. Thanks for the description; better than the GR one! It sounds really good and I do like long books. Thanks!