Jane Davis's Reviews > Field of Fire

F_50x66
Jun 15, 10

bookshelves: cd-audio
I own a copy, read count: 1

I first listened to the Audio book while driving. Early in the book the author tells you what's coming when he gives the philosophy followed by Alberto Salez the escapee ATF agent Alex Duarte is chasing. The best way to solve any problem is to kill it, and he does in various and sundry ways with which the author seems very familiar.

There is a sort-of black humor in this book stemming mostly from Salez's inability to dispose of a body of a women he killed to get her car. He is also chased by a hit-man, a very-righteous and pompous hit-man. The body gets traded back and forth between Salas and the hit-man (don't ask me to explain it)and even a second is added.

Other bodies are scattered around the county side, unsuspecting people killed in various ways. People who happen to be in the wrong place.

At first Duarte doesn't know about the hit-man but his partner of sorts from the Justice Department might. A second plot now links Salez and the hit-man and other deaths that the Justice Department local bureau chief tries to play down.

Interesting, convoluted plot but also depressing. I doubt I'd listen to it again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Field of Fire.