Khuong Do's Reviews > The Book Thief

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Jun 13, 10

Read in June, 2010

I'm usually allergic to best-sellers and tend to avoid as many of them as possible (I hate 'The Kite Runner' and 'The Time Traveler's Wife'). However, 'The Book Thief' is an exception.

I just finished the book two days ago. It is the best book I've ever read (and I'm a quite avid reader). Gosh, you have no idea how much impact it's having on me as the reader. I love Markus Zusak's writing style and his way with words. Simple, beautiful, refreshing.

Okay, I admit that I do skip things when reading books. But while reading 'The Book Thief', this was not the case. Usually it takes me 3 days to finish a 550-page novel. However, it took me over 2 weeks to finish 'The Book Thief'. This is because I couldn't help but read each word and sentence very carefully, not wanting to miss out the beauty of Markus Zusak's descriptions. There were some parts I had to read over and over again - they were just too amazing.

Highly recommended. And why the hell is this marketed as YA? It deserves more attention!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book Thief.

Quotes Khuong Liked

Markus Zusak
“I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.”
Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Markus Zusak
“I am haunted by humans.”
Markus Zusak, The Book Thief