Nichole's Reviews > The Blue Sweater: Bridging the Gap Between Rich and Poor in an Interconnected World

The Blue Sweater by Jacqueline Novogratz

Jun 12, 10

bookshelves: memoirs
Read in June, 2010

Jacqueline Novogratz's memoir is so thoughtful, interesting, and perspective-altering, that I find myself recommending it to everyone I talk to. If you have ever wanted to help people, change the world in ways big or small, or make a difference, read this clear sighted, wonderful book with an abundant heart. Jacqueline Novogratz writes clearly and engagingly about her experiences helping the poor throughout the world, helping business change lives (from a small bakery in Rwanda to a company that manufactures and distributes malaria preventing mosquito netting), and helping to support civil society. She speaks of the space between philanthropy and business as an opportunity to use our heads and our hearts to help solve such problems as world hunger, disease, poverty, and civil unrest. You will finish the book not only in awe of a life that is amazingly well-lived, you'll be inspired to do the same yourself.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blue Sweater.