Nancy's Reviews > Mammals of the Pacific Northwest: From the Coast to the High Cascades

Mammals of the Pacific Northwest by Chris Maser

Oct 30, 2012

bookshelves: science, reference, nature, oregon, favorites
Recommended to Nancy by: Karl Anderson
Read in January, 2002

I've had this book for years but picked it up again today to read about moles and got caught up reading about other creatures.

This is a truly wonderful reference book for western Oregon mammals. The author intersperses scientific information with personal stories about his experiences with each animal he describes. He is from the Corvallis area so many of these stories take place within 50 miles of where I live. I go back to the book as reference over and over. I think it is out of print, but it is well worth tracking down if you live West of the Cascades in Oregon or Washington.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mammals of the Pacific Northwest.

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna Nancy, this sounded like an interesting book so I looked for it online. It's available at Amazon, ebay, the EPL, OSU, and several other places. Definitely not out of print!

Nancy Glad to hear this! I believe I looked for it on Amazon when I did the review and on that date it was not available. I'm happy to hear it can be easily found now. It is a great book to actually own.