Sharron's Reviews > The Dogs Who Found Me: What I've Learned from Pets Who Were Left Behind

The Dogs Who Found Me by Ken Foster

Jun 14, 10

bookshelves: 2010-books-read, dogs, non-fiction
Read from June 12 to 13, 2010

Ken Foster writes about dogs he has found and those who have found him. Each chapter is a story about an individual dog as well as lists related to dogs. I inherently liked this book due to his focus which is rescue. I have worked in rescue as well as fostered dogs and cats myself. I continue to volunteer in this area but no longer foster. It takes a special person to do this type of work and Ken Foster is definitely that good hearted kind of person. He talks about seeing strays where other people do not notice them. He says it is because they don't want to take responsibility. I see dogs (not dead people) as well on the side of the road and have stopped more than once.

There were parts of this book that made me cringe because I disagreed with things Ken had done or other people had done. But that is why I loved this book. Nobody in rescue does things the same way. And there are lots of disagreements about what "the right way" is. I was happy Ken is out there doing what he believes in. Many people, those who don't see the strays, might talk about the sad state of stray dogs and cats but will never stop to do anything.

I think this book will mainly resonate with those who have done rescue but everyone whould read it and know what it is like for an animal to be left and abandoned by those he/she loves.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dogs Who Found Me.