Jon's Reviews > The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse

The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse by Robert Rankin

Jan 11, 2016

You can't quite put your finger on what it is about this novel that is very entertaining, which I find often to be the mark of a great read. Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse is set in a pseudo fairy tale world where English nursery rhymes and their ilk are meshed together within a logical, sensible world. It is a perfect mixture of fantasy, lunacy and the mundane worries of fairy tales. Consider the sidekick Eddie's main problem throughout the novel: Eddie is a stuffed bear with an analogy problem who can say "as clever as" but can not complete the analogy. His principal concern is drink and the stuffing of his bear body. One could make comparisons to Who Framed Roger Rabbit and other "best of" story settings but I'm confident that those who have read this book would no longer feel the need to. Hollow Chocolate Bunnies stays true enough to itself that a reader could only after completing the novel compare it to itself and that, I think, is the mark of a memorable story.
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse.