Kristen's Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Oct 08, 10

bookshelves: england, paranormal-fantasy, steampunk, romance-y, youngadult, signed, own-it
Read from August 29 to September 04, 2010

Why I read this: How could I not? I really enjoyed Cassie's first trilogy and needed to read this one. And she was coming to town - so no excuse to set it aside for months.

Plot: I have to say that this book was so much more awesome than her Mortal Instruments series - to me. And I love that series... so it is really really good. I love the setting of the novel first of - I've always been a huge fan of historical fantasy. The story moved, it had action and danger and some seriously intriguing background that was revealed. I feel that a good story always leaves you with questions and a want for more and that is exactly what this book did for me. It was a fantastic introduction to the world, character, and a plot that you can't wait to see move further on.

Characters: I really liked Tessa right off. She's quite strong for being someone who hasn't been in trouble like she was. She's definitely not kicking any butts but you just sense that she's not the type of girl to break down and weep whenever in a terrible situation. I can't wait to see how Tessa deals with her ability in the later books and how her relationship with Will develops.

Will is definitely the darker of the two love choices (the other being Jem, although personally I didn't feel he really had a chance in this book). There is something he is hiding and I cannot wait to figure out what it is! He's one of those guys that acts like a horrible person and then secretly does good deeds. I really hope he turns into what Tessa needs or she may give up on him completely.

Relatability: Anyone who loves the genre will probably really dig this book. It definitely has a similar feel to her Mortal Instruments series, but I think this one is far better.

Cover Commentary: Love it. So pretty. :)

Read more: http://www.bookworminginthe21stcentur...
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

A.J. Pine Kristen, I just read this because it is on the Abe list, and I LOVED it! I have not read anything else by Cassie Clare. Now I have to move on to Clockwork Prince, but I have to wait until I get through the rest of the Abes. Gah! Trilogies! :)

Kristen I really liked this one but haven't read the sequel yet. I got tired of her other series which stretched beyond the original trilogy so I think I will just be reading these ones. Love the steampunk setting as well. :) Don't forget to read some younger kidlit books too for class ;).

A.J. Pine Ha ha! I'm working on class stuff too. Current audio book is Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book. :)

Kristen Loved the Graveyard book :)