Jim's Reviews > Nine Princes in Amber

Nine Princes in Amber by Roger Zelazny

Dec 19, 2007

bookshelves: fantasy, sword-sorcery, favorites, 3series, 1paper, 2fiction
Read in September, 2009

currently reading for the September 2009 read for the Zelazny group. Wow! It's still a fantastic read after all these years. That's amazing.

I re-read this every 5 years or so. It's the start to one of the best series I've ever read. Zelazny is a super writer & this book started a series that has spawned a lot of other books. There are 4 other books that follow this one with Corwin as the hero, then Zelazny did another 5 about Corwin's son, Merlin. Gregory Betancourt is up to book 4 (let's hope the last, #5, gets published since the publisher folded) on Corwin's dad, Oberon. Some don't like Betancourt's books, but I think he's done a great job. A lot better than most of the novels others have finished for Zelazny. He's kept to the story line & a similar writing style.

Zelazny & some others worked out the Visual Guide to Amber & Zelazny wrote 6 more short stories that fill in some of the holes between the series. I think all of them are in 'Manna from Heaven'

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nine Princes in Amber.

04/08/2016 marked as: read