Samantha's Reviews > The Harlequin

The Harlequin by Laurell K. Hamilton

Dec 19, 07

Hmm, I debated and debated and debated whether to even write a review for this book because of all the controversy surrounding Laurell K. Hamilton changing her characters. I liked this book. Was it the best Anita Blake book? No. Was it better than the last couple? Yes. It's not a stand alone book so if you haven't read the others you probably should. I always enjoy the politics of the vampires and the wereanimals. I think that it is interesting just like I find our American political system fascinating. So I'm ok with Ms. Hamilton taking her time and explaining things. I don't need action all the time. I can get that from other authors. I also enjoy the interplay between the characters. I like that we are getting to know them better and better. I liked that someone finally died and think more probably should. I think Laurell has been watching a lot of 24. Her plots are getting slower and more explanatory in nature. She's taking her time to explain every little detail just like they do in the TV show 24 so I'm ok with that too. I hate that Anita can't have sex with the same guys but feels the need to add others. I think that's a little crazy but oh well. I loved what happened to Richard at the end. I felt this book brought back the mystery and action while keeping the sex and the politics so I did enjoy it. I'm definitely looking forward to her new Jason novel next year and the Merry Gentry's Frost book in the fall.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Harlequin.