The Tiny Cat's Reviews > Night's Cold Kiss

Night's Cold Kiss by Tracey O'Hara

1561991
Aug 13, 10

it was ok
bookshelves: fantasy, fiction, kick-ass-heroine, paranormal-romance, romance, urban-fantasy, vampires
Read from August 09 to 12, 2010

This was cliche to high heaven.

The paranormal romance genre has been popular for a while now, and as authors start to explore the genre and get creative, we readers are treated to something special. I can safely say that I have read enough paranormal/fantasy to know what I look for in a novel.

And this just isn't it...
How many times have we read about a tough, kick-ass, no nonsense girl that is a hunter of some sort? And along comes the dashing vampire (or any creature for that matter), sweeping her off her feet with his otherworld charm and forever changing her views on his kind.

However, I'm not saying that that certain plotline is something to be avoided. It can be acceptable, and even enjoyable if done right. The characters must be likeable and the reader must be taken in for a joyride. Unfortunately, this jusn isn't so with this book.

Antoinette is your average vampire (cough--- dreniac) hunter. She hates them. Period.
Christian is your average vampire. He's handsome, he's powerful, and he's irresistable.
She fights her overwhelming attraction towards him while also trying to catch the vampire who's killed her mother.
They work together, gets the mega bad guy, separate, go back together. The end. Happily ever after.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night's Cold Kiss.

08/11/2010 page 234