Stephanie Cowart's Reviews > Wicked Lovely

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Jun 19, 10

Read on June 19, 2010

I think Faery series are one of my favorite paranormal books to read. Melissa Marr is an incredible writer and I could not put this book down!
Aislinn (pronounced Ashlinn)is one of the few mortals with the Sight, the ability to see faeries. Her grandma and mother are the same way. All her life she's been trained to ignore the faery world and not draw their attention to her. She's done this faithfully but suddenly two faeries are following her and she doesn't know why. She and her friend/soon to be boyfriend Seth decide to find out why. Turns out, Keenan, the Summer King needs to find his Queen so he can gain his full power and defeat his evil mother, the Winter Queen. He's been looking for the right girl for centuries and has decided that Aislinn is it. So he chooses her, which really means he turns her into a faery without her knowledge. She's faced with few choices and none of them good.
I love the faery mythology. In the beginning of each chapter, Marr had a quote from old books about the faery mythology to go along with what was about to be revealed in that chapter. It was so fascinating! The characters are great - totally draw you in. I absolutely love Aislinn and Seth. Keenan grows on you toward the end. There are 4 books in the series right now with a 5th coming out soon. I went ahead and picked up the next 3 from my library and I'm excited to discover that not only does she still follow Aislinn/Seth/Keenan but she introduces new characters and side stories. I've super excited to read more and I highly recommend this book!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Lovely.

06/19/2010 page 300
91.0% "I started this at like 11pm last night and except for a 1 hr phone call with Jen, I stayed up until 4am reading it! So glad my library has the next 3 in the series available!"
show 1 hidden update…