PJ's Reviews > The Passage

The Passage by Justin Cronin

Jun 26, 2010

bookshelves: 2010-books-i-ve-read, post-apocalyptic, literature-horror
Read from June 11 to 26, 2010

Finally, I finished this massive post-apocalyptic vampire story. There are many good reviews, so I'll just say that I loved this beautifully written book with a few exceptions: the endless and at times repetitive descriptive passages, especially those describing the virals' thoughts, but mostly the unsatisfactory ending, which left me flipping pages looking for the rest of the story. Still, I'd highly recommend it and would read the sequel if one was in the works.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Passage.

06/12/2010 page 30
4.0% "Oh, I can tell this is going to good, a real page-turner!"
06/16/2010 page 200
26.0% "I just finished Part I and wow! So much packed in so far, what a ride and such great characters!"
06/20/2010 page 200
06/20/2010 page 300
39.0% "It just keeps getting better. I'm fascinated by the bleak post-apocalyptic world that Cronin has created with its tough-as-nails cast of characters."
06/22/2010 page 500
65.0% "The writing is beautiful but at times repetitive and the story is slowing down now when it should be building."

elizabetht I had the same reaction to the ending - but after researching online, it's going to be a trilogy as best as I can figure out, although two years (!) til the next one.