May's Reviews > Mine Till Midnight

Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas

Jun 11, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: ye-olde-romance, series

I fear the historical romance loving friends of mine may come after me with pitchforks after this confession, but here it is: I'm just never going to 'get' the appeal of Kleypas.

I have picked up her books 20, 30, 50x before in stores and thought about it but never purchased because something was off. Then, after hearing enough times that she's just the best I *had* to start somewhere so I chose this, a first in one of her series because I found it cheap at the used book store.

Here's the bad news: reading this book reminded me why I (as a rule) stay away from all things historical romance fiction except on RARE occasions. There's nothing wrong with the book, per say, and it is a unique and interesting plot I suppose... I just did not enjoy it.

I found the heroine to be supremely annoying and I wished the hero WOULD just go jump into a wagon and disappear forever.

Ultimately? I think as a reader Lisa Kleypas is just not for me. There is just some "x" factor for me when it comes to my rare beloved historic romances, and Kleypas did not deliver for me. I leave it at 3 stars because while I did not like it, it was not a bad book... it just wasn't for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mine Till Midnight.

07/03/2010 page 40
11.0% "After hearing from WAY too many people that Kleypas is supreme, I have to find out for myself." 1 comment
07/03/2010 page 220
61.0% "Um, ok. {not in love with anything about this book}"