Kae's Reviews > Angel

Angel by James Patterson

May 25, 12

bookshelves: best-of-2011
Read in February, 2011

SPOLIERS. LOTS AND LOTS OF SPOILERS.

*for all reading this, I want you to know that I am an avid, crazy- obsessed max ride fan. its just that this one installment... well, you'll see.I might update this later, when I sound more normal and get the disapointment out of my system.*

and since it's MR, I can't rate it lower than a four. Sorry to all those who agree with the following review.
__________________________________________________________________

Dear James Patterson,

I am willing to forget Maya and Dylan and this 'book' that you published if, in the next one, you bring Max and Fang back together. There are many different types of books that you can pull off a romance switch like that, but Max Ride isn't one. This is where the fandom interrupts your writing, because nearly 90% are team Fang.

SO,
I suggest that this next and final novel you are writing should end with Max and Fang. This isn't about what you want as an author. You can go and write a side novel just for yourself to satifsy this whole Dylan romance switch feeling. But you are selling these books, and if you want to make money, then you need something people want. Which is FAX.

And even though I think you are trying as hard as you can to make it a clean break, I think it would be an insult to all the other books, along with all your fans, to not fix their relationship. At least have them be best friends again. PLEASE.
_______________________________________________________________

COMPLAINTS:

QUOTE:
"Never, Max," Dylan said. "I'm programmed to imprint on you. You know it. I can't fight the urge to be with you, no matter what."
UNQUOTE.

JAMES PATTERSON, PLEASE DON'T TELL ME YOU JUST MADE A FREAKING TWILIGHT REFERENCE.

Mr. Patterson, you must be kidding me...
YOU WANT MAX AND DYLAN TO HAVE KIDS?
It wouldn't be that bad if it was Fang.
BUT DYLAN?
AND KIDS?

That whole subject in this book disgusts me. It's like it came out of some spaztic teenage girl's messy fanfiction. Its a plot twist that, yes, confused many and was unsuspecting to all readers, but its JUST WRONG. The only good thing that came from that was the jet scene... the only scene where there was a Max/Fang moment that didn't end in, "oh yeah, thats cute, but I'm supposed to hate you so forget it."

MAYA. JUST NO. NOT COOL.

And Dylan should have died after that hypodermic needle incident. just sayin'.

______________________________________________________________

GOOD PARTS (?)
- The plane ride. I already mentioned that, but still, favorite scene.
- Angel's alive and has forgotten about the "I rule the world" idea. (but how dare she pick Dylan over Fang!)
- That Iggy didn't stay brainwashed. And the Ella thing fell apart.
- That Jeb is possibly dead, along with Dr. Gunther Hagen
- That there is a *possible* way this book can end that would work for me. (sorry for being so selfish in this review...)

There is a way. Since the Fang Gang and the Maxalators didn't completly wipe out the Doomsday Group, then that means in the next book they can do so. And since Max's clone is hangin around, that means that Dylan may have a chance to get a little side tracked....

So brings me to my...

conclusion.

What could happen?

PLAN #1. The world catastrophe ends - either the world is destoryed or they save it. Since this is Maximum Ride and not The Hunger Games, I'm guessing the latter. Maya and Dylan both die, Max + Fang.

PLAN #2. No Max + Fang. I burn the book.

PLAN #3. Dylan, meet Max's clone, who is a bit nicer and more prone to not hating you. Maya, meet Dylan. And in the back, Max and Fang get back to normal. This, for me, is the best, but it might be a bit too Disney. But then again, so are most of the relationships in this book.

Thanks for reading, if you spent the time to listen to my complaining and actually get down this far to read this complaint. I hope that the next (and final, btw) book will finally bring this series to a semi happy close.

**EDIT** 4/9/12
I tried to reread this. Looking back its way, way worse than I let on before. It is a horrifically written book - guys, my five year old brother could write better than this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel.

Quotes Kae Liked

James Patterson
“Who, last time I'd checked, was still on our official archenemy list. (Yes, we have to keep a list. It's kind of sad.)”

James Patterson
“Listen, street punk. You're a guy, and you're a couple inches taller, and maybe forty pounds heavier, and ooh, you're in a gang. But I've survived ten years of Catholic school, and I will cut you off at your knees without a blink. Do you understand?”

James Patterson
“How could you stop loving me?”
James Patterson, Angel

April*procrastinator and proud* i totally agree with you!!!

message 2: by Kae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kae thank you!!!!!!!!! everytime someones talks about him i begin to see red :)

April*procrastinator and proud* lol. Thats funny, it`s liek your me XD

message 4: by Kae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kae ahaha :D I wonder how many books it will take to bring Fang back......

April*procrastinator and proud* Honestly i think Fang should have his own flock but his and Max's flock should work together all the time, becuase Max and fang can't be together when they're both in the same flock becuase they only care about each other, and the thing i hate the most about fang leaving is that it makes total sense... XP

Gemma Katie's brother is such a liar! Fang didn't die!

message 7: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella when i finished fang i wanted to seriously punch JP in the face. i love him, but right now he deserves a punch in the face...and so does fang

April*procrastinator and proud* I don't think so. Because well...
Fang leaving does make sense, And it makes me want the next MR book more.
And I think Fang deserves his own flock!! I want himt o have his own flock!
but I think adding Dylan and amkeing it a love triangle was totally unnessesary

message 9: by Storm (new)

Storm Roberts hell yea!!!! fang 4 life

message 10: by Bek (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bek Haha yeah serriously iggy rox!!!

message 11: by Muna (new) - added it

Muna Finally! Someone who agrees with me! I read those first eight chapter and felt like screaming. I think that the Maximum Ride series were great when they were on the run, less great when they started saving the planet, and not really great when Fang left. Because, let's face it, Fang rocks and Dylan sucks.

Kristie oh.my.god. dylan, ugh! im like seeing red right now! >.< fang and max are soulmates and that just pwns all that imprinting stuff okay? and KIDS jus-just no. okay? no. no freaking way. just no way. not in a million years jp!!! and why angel!!

message 13: by Hope (new) - added it

Hope ok alot more books then "twilight" have the term 'imprint' in them... AND i just finished the first 23 chapters and max and dylan dont want to have kids and the subject is dropped... max still thinks of fang and fang still thinks of max. so dont be such a drama queen and be "DISCUSTED" by this amazing book.

Cheyenne Fang is perfect for Max and he didn't have to be designed that way!

Cassie Johnson I just died a little. :C
Max's lips belong to Fang!
And Dylan is desecrating them!
Grrr >:C I hate it when authors do this!!

Cassie Johnson Oh, and also, this book is so random.
Half the parts don't seem to click together.
And Dylan needs to die...or something.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

See this is what happens when you make over 3 books in a series you start running out of ideas or either gets board with the subject and is just writing to get it over with I have not read all of your review cause I might get to disappointed :( I'm going to read those first eight chapters and get back with you :) lol I have to know .

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

um where did you go to read the first few chapters? lol :)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok I went to James Pattersons website and Im reading it right now!!! :D

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh my WORD this book is either going to turn out really good book wise or really bad :O All these teenagers (Im a teenager so I cant talk to much but Im not that bad) are hormonal and emotional!!!!!!! Fang is hormonal Max is Hormonal I mean come on!! He just gets up and leaves her! Dylan comes in from nowhere and like has to love her. And then Doctor whats his face is like "Dylan Max go have kids then come back in 9 months"!! Ughh I have to get this book so I can finish this book.

message 21: by Isabel (new)

Isabel I loved the first few books but the series is going downhill. :( I wasnt a huge fan of Fang and it seems like Angel is going to turn out the same way.

Cassie Johnson Amen Rachel.

message 23: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate Langley where can you read the first few chapters online?

message 25: by Gzokovitch (new) - added it

Gzokovitch omg i read the entire book last week and i cant believe it...!!!!! i swear to god i went back and read the fifth book over again so i could pretend it was the last book.... it was just that extremley awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cassie Johnson nooooo!!! :C

Elise The Totally Awesome Girl you may not burn the books if that happens, but i will. count on it.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that Patterson is making books with the character's names. (Max, Fang, now Angel.)

Elizabeth Fang forever and Iggy + Ella!! I totally agree with you on EVERYTHING! These books have gotten sooo angsty... :(

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

do ya'll know if this is going to be the last book? I heard on James Patterson's website that there is going to be 13 books in all but I dont know that was like when the 5th book came out.

Cassie Johnson 13 books?! what is he, crazy?!
you can't do 13 books unless the series is super way amazing, like the series of unfortunate events!! >:C

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I know I said the same thing! I saw you know the 13 books and I was like ok how much of a story can you get from these books? I mean don't get me wrong I LOVE these books but 13? that might be to many and then the story will get all messed up.

message 33: by Izzy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Izzy totally agree with you - and did you say he made a TWILIGHT REFERENCE?!?!?! Alright that's it, I gotta find a time for this bonfire of the maximum ride books. See my review.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

its amazing how a book can make your mood change :P I preordered it last month I will tell ya'll what its like :) I'm glad some people in this world likes good books, and I dont mean Twilight (those are the worst books and movies EVER!!!!!!!)

Cassie Johnson wth?!
Rachel, by the way, you are my hero!
way to not hop the band wagon on the worst series ever!!
it's totally true about the mood, too, unfortunately :C
he should have stopped after like 5.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

well I'm glad that some ppl in this world has some sense and agrees with me about the retarded twilight :) but if you noticed most people who like these books or the Hunger games (which I love them both lol) don't like twilight its quite humorous :)

message 37: by Izzy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Izzy that's because the hunger games is way better than twilight. :-) don't you agree?

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

yes I do agree!! :-) like those are such amazing books also!!! :D and the other weird thing is that some ppl don't like those books cause there so "predictable" I was like WHATEVER!!! the Mockingjay blew me away!! what do ppl read? non fiction all there life? books with peace signs and rainbows? yeah the Hunger Games are violent in some places but dosent twilight have violence? If no one likes Maximum Ride or the Hunger Games there nuts!! I was so angry after I read the 3rd Hunger Games book cause the ending was so quick dont you think?

message 39: by Izzy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Izzy I thought that there may be room for a sequel like if katniss' kids find out about their mother's past or something. Wouldn't that be awesome? :-)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

yes it would be :) and I know she could have made like at least one more book she had room for it.

Sophia No way! Making more hunger games books would've totally killed it, and those books were AMAZING! (Unlike some authors who just kept going with the story and now my favorite series is making twilight references *cough cough* James Patterson *cough*) an I finished angel and it is sadly just as bad as the final warning. He should've stopped at book 3.

Sophia P.S. The last maximum ride book is coming out February 2012.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

you do have a point Maximum ride has TO many books so your right 3 is enough in the Hunger Games. And I was afraid of that :P he should have stopped at book 3 I liked books 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 but not 4 so after Angel there will be one more? so thats 8 books. well today I might be getting Angel in the mail so lets see what happens :)

Shana Rivera HOLY COW YOU READ MY MIND. I HAVE ALL THE SAME THOUGHTS, OPINIONS, ENDING IDEAS, ETC AS YOU. omggg im glad other ppl feel the same way. Thank you

Cassie Johnson thank you so much for your opinion Kae, it's amazing!!!

message 46: by Kae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kae haha, thanks :) im just furious that ... ugh. I can't even say dylan or maya without wanting to puke

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

OK I am on part three in Angel!!! and its really good!!!!!! :DDDD I got it yesterday and Im almost done.

Mallory I completely agree with your review, and Plan #3 seems like the only way of redemption at this point...

message 49: by Izzy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Izzy I agree too, and if plan #2 comes true, we can finally organize a bonfire.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished Angel it was really good :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7