Nancy's Reviews > Heart of the Matter

Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin

May 16, 11

bookshelves: own
Read in June, 2010

I like Emily Giffin - read most of her books so far. This was very well written but for me I didn't enjoy reading it purely for the fact that it hit too close to home with the story. Maybe that requires giving it a better rating since the story made me uncomfortable but I can't give it a higher rating because I did not like reading about the lives of an adulterer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart of the Matter.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robyn (new)

Robyn I have read her other books and loved each one. This one I did not like as much and ended up only reading one character's perspective and skipped the other chapters (the story is told by two characters). I will tell you why once you have read it - I don't want to give anything away.

Nancy Hey Robyn - I finished reading this this past weekend and wasn't overly excited with the subject matter either. I have a friend who went thru this same scenario and I have no sympathy for the other side of their story.

message 3: by Robyn (new)

Robyn Exactly my feeling! I felt horrible for Tessa. You once told me that you won't finish a book if you don't like it because there are so many good books to read. I thought of that and ended up only reading Tessa's chapters since I could not stand the other side of the story. I was bummed because I loved her other books. Baby Proof is great if you have not read it. I am currently reading "The Girl who kicked the Hornet's Nest". I miss our Saturday morning chats - hope all is well!!

Nancy I was just looking at Baby Proof the other day. I'll have to get it now. LOL I also saw The Girl who kicked the Hornet's Nest and soooo thought of you :D I also miss our chats. We don't go to Center Stage anymore - long story and will be starting next weekend at Corona Dance Academy. Would love to catch up with you.

message 5: by Robyn (new)

Robyn Baby Proof is great - I highly recommend it!! You should read the Dragon Tattoo series - it is awesome. If you are ever free for lunch on a weekend - let's do it!!