Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)'s Reviews > Exclusively Yours

Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey

Jul 04, 2010

Recommended to Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) by: goodchoicereadin@aol.com

I really, really, really enjoyed reading this book. I loved everything about it.

This book in some sort of way reminded me a little of The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. Joe and Keri were high school sweathearts and loved each other very dearly, until one day Keri decides that she wants to move to California to pursue a career in Journalism. Keri leaves Joe back in New Hampshire heart broken and confused.

Joe is so hurt by Keri leaving him that he turns to alcohol and slowly becomes an alcoholic. He pretty much drinks from the minute he opens his eyes to the minute he closes them. He begins to write novels and eventually becomes a famous writer. Only Joe never makes appearances or gives interviews to anyone. He just likes to write his books and move on. Joe quits drinking some where down the line and gets his life back on track and continues to write his novels and spend more time with his family.

It's been 20 years since Keri started her life in California and is a journalist working for a really good company. Until one day her boss gets a tip that Keri and Joe used to date and that they were once in love. She tells Keri that she either gets an interview with Joe or she is fired.

Keri heads back home and is not looking forward to it at all. Joe get's word that Keri is in town and immediately knows exactly why, but that does not change the fact the he wants to see her. But Joe does not make things easy for Keri at all. He tells Keri that if she wants her interview she has to agree to a two week get away with him and his family with no phone, computer, or any type of device. He thought Keri would say no only to be shocked when she agrees. Keri's job is very important to her and she was willing to do anything to get that interview. Of course when she gets there Joe's sister is not very happy. She hates Keri for leaving her brother and is afraid that when she leaves again it will ruin Joe all over.

That is where everything really kicked off. I could not put this book down and could not stop thinking about it. I really enjoyed it. It was super funny and I could not help but fall in love with Keri and Joe. A good read and I am looking forward to reading more books by Shannon Stacey. I really like the way she writes and I recommend this book.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Exclusively Yours.

Nina I want to know the ending! I am in love with the book already, it sounds so sweet. I hope they get together. :)

Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) Nina wrote: "I want to know the ending! I am in love with the book already, it sounds so sweet. I hope they get together. :)"

In my opinion, the ending was perfect! The way everything happened was just right lol. Am I making sense haha? I really like this book.