Chinablue_25 West Bostedor's Reviews > Obsidian Butterfly

Obsidian Butterfly by Laurell K. Hamilton

Jun 11, 2010

** spoiler alert ** This has been the best one so far!! I was so enthralled that I had a difficult time putting this book down for even the smallest things like eating and using the bathroom!!

One of the things I liked so much about this book is that Edward was in the ENTIRE book. I was always intrigued by Edward in the previous books and found myself thirsty fir more if him. In this book I got it! There have been moments when I thought that Hamilton was taking their relationship into the direction of a sexual relationship. Not true. But Anitas relationship with Edward does in fact evolve in this book and strengthen. Edward goes as to so far to tell one of his colleages that she is his soulmate. That he believes when we find our soulmate we are too much alike to be sexually attracted to one another. A few times Edward shows a bit of protectiveness towards Anita. You really see in this book that he cares a great deal for her but in a completely platonic way.

I also really enjoyed how the book ended. One of Edwards colleages(the one he made the soulmate speach to) is Olaf and he is a serial killer. His favorite victim type happens to be Anita. Short petite pale skinned long dark hair. In the end after working with her and seeing her cut out a vampires heart and hold it in her bare hands he decides that she is in fact HIS soulmate. In the end he leaves her this note essentially saying they are soulmates and he wants to be by her side killing together and he is willing to give up killing small petite long dark haired women to Anitas choice in victim just to be by her side killing together. Awww how romantic! I'm hoping for an Olaf appearence in the next book!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian Butterfly.