DarienMoya's Reviews > Reckless

Reckless by Amanda Young

Sep 11, 2010

bookshelves: my-m-m-lovin, 2010-reads, three-dollar-bill-reviews, young-guys-get-poked-by-dude
Read from August 20 to 26, 2010 , read count: 1

^^THE YOUNG AND RECKLESS!^^

*3.5*

This book contains Amanda Young’s Novellas, Reckless Seduction and Reckless Behavior, both stories now offered together in paperback. This is my first book by Amanda and it will not be my last. I like her characters and the overall voice of her book. There were some mild editing problems, but nothing to make a big deal about, and it offered my favourite theme, young virgin boy falls in love with older experienced man.

Reckless Seduction- We meet young Cody Bradbury a college student who was orphaned and was brought up by his gay uncle. Cody already knows he is gay and is looking for a little experience. His uncle runs an exclusive gay gentleman’s club and Cody is just dying to walk through its door. Well at his uncles insistence and strict ways seems he will never make it pass the doors. When an invitation to the highly anticipated costume party at the club falls into his hands, he takes it as sign. With his fake Id Cody is off to party and hopefully land a fantastic hook-up, but not just any hook-up he wants the manager of the club and his uncle’s best-friend Dante Santiago. All that is left is to convince Dante that he is good for him.

Now Cody goes into seduction overdrive, after realizing the extent of Dante’s want. With and impromptu plan Cody makes his move and it leads to a night of some very hot sex and to a relationship he has been wanting. Things might not last, if his uncle has some thing to say about it, but Cody is willing to fight because he is sure he just found his happiness.

Reckless Behavior- The second part follows Dante and Cody’s relationship and let me tell you there are some very hot times. Both men want more from the relationship but are unable to voice what they want. Cody feels if he makes his feelings clear he would be stifling Dante, he is notorious for his flings and his loner attitude and Cody is afraid of ruining what they currently have by making demands.

The second half begins with Dante and Cody picking out a man for their threesome, this seems to be the epitome of their relationship for the past couple months. Dante has spent his time to educate Cody about all things sexual and erotic. Well it seems all the playing around is getting old, and both men just cannot find the right words to convey their feelings. It then becomes a story about communication, because these two are very lacking in this skill.

I really liked Cody; he is very ambitious and goes after what he wants. He took down Dante like a lion to his prey. He is exactly as how he should be, a young man finding love with an experienced man, and facing all his doubts about whether he is able to satisfy him. Dante is the older but none the wiser he makes mistakes and I really like that about him.

The plot is fairly simple and nothing new, the book is purely character driven with predictable obstacles. I found myself doing the occasional *eye roll*, but it’s for that very reason why I like this book. It remains true in its simplicity and does not venture away from what the story is ultimately about, two people finding love and discovering the truths about themselves. I can tell you that Ms Young knows how to write a sex scene, these two together are molten lava, very, very sexy.

Overall, an enjoyable simple and fun read with likable characters and very hot sex and chemistry. I would say give this one a look see.
7 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reckless.

08/20/2010 "I am super excited to read this book. I heard nineteen year old, older man and I just had to dive in. Plus i got a signed copy of the book by the author, not bad!!"
08/20/2010 page 75
41.0% "Awww yes I am a big fan of the sneak attack blow job. What a way to say hello." 8 comments
08/21/2010 page 93
51.0% "On to the second part, interested to see how this relationship will work between Dante and Cody!!"
08/26/2010 page 129