Ruth's Reviews > To Wed a Scandalous Spy

To Wed a Scandalous Spy by Celeste Bradley

OMG. I loved this. Both the hero and heroine are fabulous - the heroine in particular. She's sparky, smart, buxom, well-educated, but earthy and totally likeable. The hero, bless him, doesn't stand a chance. The premise of a heroine who seems to accidently maim any potential suitor is hilarious, but the plot actually speeds up when it gets past this portion, which is probably what made me LOVE this book rather than enjoy it. The plot MOVES but the characters don't suffer for it. They remain consistent and likeable. I was clueless that this was a continuation of the Liars Club, but this didn't prevent my enjoyment. I'll go back and read them now.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Wed a Scandalous Spy.

message 1: by Shawna (new) - added it

Shawna Hi Ruth! I've heard good things about Celeste Bradley. This is a spin-off of her Liars Club series, right? Should I start with those first, or would I be okay starting with this? It appeals to me a little more, but I don't want to miss out on too much if they're best read in order.

Ruth Hi Shawna.

I read this book first and then went back to read the Liars Club, then went back to finish the Royal Four, and really enjoyed them. I think with Liars Club you need to read them in order more than the Royal Four. The Royal Four concentrates more on the interactions between the hero and heroine, whereas the Liars Club involves the secondary characters more. However, I highly recommend both series. They're very enjoyable.

There's more plot than in Kleypas books, and I personally prefer that.

message 3: by Shawna (new) - added it

Shawna Thanks for the info, Ruth! If the Royal Four concentrates more on the H/H, then I'll probably like them better. So I'd be okay reading the Royal Four series, without reading the Liars Club series?

Ruth Ruth wrote: "Hi Shawna.

I think so. Some of the characters from The Liars Club do appear, but they are quite well-contained, if I remember right.

message 5: by Shawna (new) - added it

Shawna Great, thanks! :)

Ruth No problem. I enjoyed them all, but I think the first was my favorite.

Ruth I just sneaked in a guilty re-read of this one. It's got to be one of my all-time faves. Willa is such a fabulous, smart, slightly odd heroine.

But what I want to know is, what happens to Ren Porter??!!