Jill Dunlop's Reviews > Demon from the Dark

Demon from the Dark by Kresley Cole

Dec 05, 10

bookshelves: own
Read from September 04 to November 12, 2010 — I own a copy

Demon from the Dark is the 8th full length novel in Kresley Cole's Imortals after Dark series. Carrow Graie is a witch who has been captured by a group seeking to add to their paranormal menagerie. They have tasked Carrow with locating Malkom Slaine, a Vemon (vampire/demon). They have her sweet niece Ruby as collateral to make her comply. Things get tricky when Carrow starts to fall in love with the beast. How can she possibly choose between Ruby or Malkom?

I love this series, but the last couple of books have left me with a bad taste in my mouth, worried that the series isn't going anywhere. Things seemed a little stagnant in terms of the big war amongst the immortals. Well, I am happy to say this book pushed all those worries to the back of my mind. It was an incredible journey and things are finally starting to pick up in terms of the overall story arc. Yay!!!!

I had a little bit of trouble getting into the story. It started out slow giving us Malkom's back story, plus coupled with my own preconceived notions, made me put it down and pick it back up repeatedly. Once I got past the first chapter (I know, short attention span) things really picked up. Malkom is a crazy beast of a man. Well, not exactly a man, a demon really. But he is completely Alpha with a soft, sensitive inner core. Carrow can't help but be drawn to him. He is fiercely protective, yet extremely inexperienced when it comes to women. He is a very unique hero and a lot of romance fans are going to adore him. I know I did.

I really enjoyed Demon from the Dark. I have not been as enthusiastic about paranormal romance compared with urban fantasy, but I thought Demon from the Dark was up there with urban fantasy this time. I highly recommend this series and this book if you like paranormal romance. I recently posted an excerpt, which you can find here. Enjoy!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon from the Dark.

11/08/2010 page 82