Robbie's Reviews > Rainbow Six

Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy

Feb 18, 11

Read from November 27, 2010 to February 18, 2011

It did not take me three plus months to read-I'm just really lazy, and this is the only book I've been reading-lack of time.

Anyway, I thought it was a good book, especially for the teenage boy like myself who enjoys the intense back story before getting into the real action, which, by the way, I thought was great. This was not the first Clancy book I've read, but the action/fight/battle/whatever scenes are always fun to read. It was especially cool how throughout the novel the battles became progressively harder (until the last one which was kind of a sarcastic dissapointment.)

The story follows older John Clark and his new son-in-law Domingo "Ding" Chavez (I think that's his name) as they work on a new international military task-force called Rainbow Six, a new counter-terrorism unit basically. Meanwhile, Dmitriy "Popov" Arkadeyevich , a former KGB guy, runs around the world beginning terrorist operations and what-not under the direction of a huge corporation leader (whose name I cannot remember by now...). It turns out this corporation exec is a hard-core treehugger along with a ton of other people, who begin developing a super-deadly bacteria thing that they plan to kill off the entire world population (with the exception of themselves) so they can save the earth and study it. To tell the truth, that was kind of hard to take seriously, but it was still good.
There's a major plot twist, and a lot of shooting, and it was a good, long, book. Read it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rainbow Six.