Kathy's Reviews > Connection

Connection by Jo Ramsey

Jun 10, 10

bookshelves: ebook, favourite, keeper, ramsey-jo, review, ya, young-adult
Read from June 07 to 08, 2010 — I own a copy

I've had Connection by YA author Jo Ramsey sitting in my TBR for far too long, but I finally was reminded that I had it and made a point of reading it yesterday. I finished it just a bit ago and I'm still thinking "Holy hell... I want the next book NOW!" From the very beginning I was enthralled and yes, that's the perfect word to describe my experience. And, now that I've finished, I've actually just bought the print version as well.
This is one of those books that I want to have in any and all forms available. And I heard from Jo Ramsey that the next book will be out this fall with a third slated for March 2011. I can hardly wait!!
But yeah, I'm going to have to. *grin*

Shanna is a fourteen year old girl whose life has been anything but pleasant; she's a loner, has extremely low self-esteem and is dreading the beginning of high school (although here, high school starts in grade 10, for Shanna it's grade 9. An extremely difficult time of life in any case.) My heart goes out to her in so many ways - as a mom I just want to take her in my arms and tell her that while life may suck rocks at times, this is not a permanent condition. Unfortunately she's not getting that at home.

But a funny thing happens at her new school. She's still a loner, but she's also always been an observer and what she sees is far more than most people. And she has more people in her corner than she can comprehend.

If you like stories where the characters learn and grow; where there's more than what the eyes see and there really can be things that go bump in the night; if you enjoy stories about friendship and adventure or even if you're just a fan of YA Urban Fantasy, then I have a recommendation for you!
Run, don't walk to Pink Petal Books and buy yourself a copy of Jo Ramsey's Connection.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Connection.