Joelle's Reviews > Pretty Little Devils

Pretty Little Devils by Nancy Holder

Jun 10, 10

bookshelves: sophmore-year

This book was NOTHING what I expected it to be! The cover makes you think that the book would be similar to the Gossip Girls series, in some ways it is but the whole plot of the story is completely different.
The book takes place in a high school, Brookhaven High, where the most popular girls are known as the Pretty Little Devils. It’s the typical high school where everyone wants to fit in and be part of the top clique. The group consists of three girls, and one transitioning into becoming a Pretty Little Devil. All three girls are in secret relationships with the jocks of the school. This begins to cause underlying tension and conflict between the girls who all want him. As the book progresses, the group begins to get messages from an unknown character who threatens them. The girls start out thinking that the messages are a prank from one of their haters, but as time progresses it proves to be real, someone is coming after them to kill them.
I liked the book because it was something different. But it wasn’t my favorite book because the story is very unbelievable and the way it is written sounds like the author is trying very hard to capture teenage behavior and the way they talk but it doesn’t work out. It was an interesting book and I recommend people who like the gossip girl series or any books similar to that.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Little Devils.