Melissa's Reviews > The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker

The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker by Leanna Renee Hieber

1922992
Jun 15, 10

Read from June 09 to 14, 2010

If the talk of war in the first book made you think, "that was it?" then you know you are in for a huge ride with this book. In this one you also get to meet more of the guard in a more personal way and also see what is in their hearts they so badly hide from one another. The question with these little secrets becomes is this what can tear them apart? Can this be a betrayal not only of the heart, but of the guard or even Percy?

You also get more romance with Percy and Alexi. Lot more of Alexi's Darcy-esque manner and steamy looks he only gives Percy. Not to mention you get a little more action than you would have in those 18th century novels. ;) They do explore their relationship and what her past and his possession means to one another. I felt it was dealt with in a very adult manner which I enjoyed. All of these characterizations are important in understanding how the Guard and Percy stand a chance to beat Darkness. The question remains. Are they able to see past their own mortal hearts? Are they able to stay true to one another? Can they stand a chance against Darkness? Guess you'll have to read the book to find out.

I give this book 4 stars. It is a great companion to the first and really finishes up aspects of the first book that might have lingered. Leanna Renee Hieber has really made a great saga with these books alone. I do so hope you get a chance to read them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker.