Julie Davis's Reviews > The Mote in God's Eye

The Mote in God's Eye by Larry Niven

Sep 22, 11

Read from September 13 to 21, 2011, read count: 5

Rereading this for discussion on SFFaudio at the beginning of October ...a favorite for the unique alien species and the first contact story.

Loved it as much as always. Looking forward to discussing it on SFFaudio in a couple of weeks.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mote in God's Eye.

09/14/2011 page 100
09/20/2011 page 250
45.0% 2 comments
show 3 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sean (new)

Sean O'Hara Did you see that Jerry Pournelle's daughter wrote a sequel? But unlike the Brian Herbert Dune novels, this isn't just a cash grab but a serious critique of her dad and Niven's philosophy.

Julie Davis I wasn't able to get into it at all ... really hated it by page 100 so I quit.

Tamahome Woah, I thought you were talking about the original!

Julie Davis Noooooo ... the sequel and also the daughter's sequel. LOVE the original! :-)

Tamahome You didn't like The Gripping Hand either?

Julie Davis Tried the first 50 or 100 pages ... didn't care about it actually so I moved on. From what I've seen of other people's reviews, it is a perfectly fine book but doesn't really measure up to the first. Have you read it?

Tamahome Nope. Not Mote in God's Eye before either. Enjoying it!

Julie Davis Ohhh, somehow I thought you'd read it. Glad to hear you like it! :-)