Nic's Reviews > An Abundance of Katherines

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

Jul 01, 10

bookshelves: 2010, young-adult, realistic-fiction
Read from June 29 to July 02, 2010

Smart, funny and entertaining read. John Green is a brilliant writer. Loved the characters he created especially Hassan, he made me LMAO. This book took me a little bit longer to get into than Looking for Alaska but once I did it was great. It I can't wait to read the rest of his books!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Abundance of Katherines.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kristy I am so curious about this one... I think it's b/c I like the cover :)

message 2: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic Enjoying it so far :)

~Tina~ Funny!! I'm glad your liking:)

message 4: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic Hassan is a standout character

~Tina~ I personally think everyone needs a Hassan in there life =D

Alexa Glad you enjoyed it! :D
I gave it 4 stars when I finished, but later I changed it to 5 because I could not stop thinking about it. hehe XD

~Tina~ Awesome Review! I hope you enjoy the rest of Greens work, he really is brilliant:)

message 8: by Arlene (new)

Arlene Nic, I started this one too, put it aside and haven't gotten back to it. I think I'm going to check it out of my library again.

message 9: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic It did take a bit longer to get into but so worth it. I really want to read Let it Snow.

message 10: by Kim (new)

Kim Am I the only one left who only read one Green book?

~Tina~ Let is snow is the only one left I haven't read. I'm interested to see how he writes a romance;)

message 12: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic Let is Snow is the only one they don't have in the bookstore too.

Morgan F He's writing a new book narrated by a girl and it takes place on a desert island.

~Tina~ I want to take my pillow and blankie and live there. Yes?

This new book ought to be good. A girl narrator, wow, so un-Green like. Can't wait.

message 15: by Arlene (new)

Arlene I can't wait to read that. Green has a way with creating funny, sarcastic, self-depricating voices. That would be fun to read in a female character.

Morgan F Oh, yes. It will be fun.

message 17: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic Can I come live there with you Tina?? Pretty Please!!! All those pretty books.

Oh and his new books sounds good :)

~Tina~ ^^ Sure!! All we have to do is leave our jobs and family and we can readreadread all day and night long!! La La La

Morgan F Well....you can bring your family with you. Or you can leave them out in the car or something.

oliviasbooks Paper Town as a movie? Hmm.

Morgan F It would good if they cast unknowns for that. If Michael Cera gets cast in it, I shall be very unhappy.

message 22: by Baine (new)

Baine Morgan wrote: "It would good if they cast unknowns for that. If Michael Cera gets cast in it, I shall be very unhappy."

dont hate on michael cera! hes awesome!

Morgan F He's just in too many things. And whenever I see him onscreen I can't help but imagine him in those gym shorts.

message 24: by Baine (new)

Baine Morgan wrote: "He's just in too many things. And whenever I see him onscreen I can't help but imagine him in those gym shorts."

hahaha! ikr! gym shorts and mustache
but i guess i see your point about casting unknowns.
ok yeah no agreed all the way. if like, say, robert pattinson was cast for shiver or something i would probably go psycho-slasher

Morgan F Ew. Rob Patz cannot be Sam. I won't let him!